Our government’s treatment of prisoners at Guantanamo Bay must not continue. Until the detention camp is closed once and for all, we will be withholding all photos of what Reese from ‘Malcolm In The Middle’ looks like now.
1. Remember Reese? Well, he’s all grown up now, and how the years have changed him! The first photo we would have shown is seriously incredible, but we will release it only on condition of the complete closure of a facility where our government detains prisoners indefinitely without any formal charges.
2. OMG. The difference between Reese back then and Reese now has to be seen to be believed. This is why we have decided that no one will see it until our leaders take action to end the daily erasure of basic human rights at Guantanamo. We will not budge on this.
3. Reese is 30 now! Did he get super hot? Does he look all weird? Call your senator and demand the closure of Guantanamo Bay to find out.
4. What if he has a kid of his own? For the sake of argument, let’s assume his kid was born around the time Obama first promised to close Guantanamo Bay. That child would be 8 years old now.
5. Here’s a recent image of Reese with his face blurred out. Until the prison at Guantanamo is closed, that’s all you’re going to get. You don’t want it to stay blurred forever, do you?
6. Just imagine what a detainee’s life is like. What they wouldn’t give for a day of freedom, for a chance even to see this photo of young Reese from way back when. If keeping these images of grown-up Reese private is what it takes to stop the daily atrocities at Guantanamo Bay, so be it. No one said progress was easy.